Saturday, January 10, 1970

Introduction

As I enter the last segment of my life, my desire is to put into writing a resume of my life's events, purposes, and to mention the people who’ve been an influence on me.  This missive should be something to pass on to my children and grandchildren, with a touch of humor, to spur their interest and perhaps be inspired to keep up this writing tradition.
I’ve never felt that I could inspire anyone with my writing, but I’ve enjoyed corresponding with family and friends over the years.  Recently I’ve written notes + cards to shut-ins for the Congregational Care Co. at Trinity Presby. Church [in Pensacola, FL.  I have also written a column for the Azalea Trace newsletter about residents who reached 90 years of age.]  The response with my recipients is very positive, so that has influenced me now to begin writing an autobiography.

No comments:

Post a Comment